Rice Flour Pundi | DumplingsAugust 26, 2021
Mangalorean cuisine, South Indian cuisine These dumplings are quick and easy to make, Dough with no filling and they go great with a veg or meat gravy!
- In a Kadai or nonstick pot, bring the water and salt to a rolling boil.
- Add the rice flour in stages, stirring continuously.
- Once all the rice flour is added, mix well to combine and hydrate all of the rice flour.
- Transfer into a large plate and allow to cool till warm.
- Begin heating your steamer.
- Knead for 3-4 minutes until the dough comes together into a ball. Splash water lightly if required.
- Divide the dough into 30 equal pieces, roughly 30 gm each.
- Roll each piece into a ball and flatten into a disc. Using your index finger or thumb, make an impression in the center and set aside on a plate.
- Transfer the shaped pundi’s into the steamer and steam for 30 minutes.
- Serve Hot with your favorite gravy.
South Indian Style Egg Curry