Spinach IdliFebruary 15, 2021
- Idli Batter
- 2-3 cups Spinach , roughly chopped
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp pinch garam masala
- Salt to taste
- Oil to grease
- 5-6 Cashew nuts, slit (optional)
- Wash the spinach leaves and boil them in hot water for 3 minutes. When cooled, puree them in a mixer/blender.
- Pour a cup of idli batter in a mixing bowl and transfer the spinach puree into the bowl, add salt, red chilli powder, garam masala and mix well with a fork.
- Grease the idli moulds in idli steamer using oil, put a spoonful of the batter into idli moulds, add a piece of cashew nut on top of the batter (optional) and steam till the idlis are cooked.
- Cool a bit and de-mould the idlis with the help of spoon, or smooth side of a knife.
- Serve the idlis with coconut chutney and/or sambar for a nice combination for breakfast.
South Indian Style Egg Curry