Akki Tari IdliJune 30, 2021
Idlis from Vijay Premium Akki tari & Vijay Gold Avalakki are soft & flavorful, they cook instantly in an idli cooker, making them the perfect quick breakfast!
- Start by adding around 100 ml of water to the Vijay Gold Medium Avalakki and mixing well to make it wet and soft
- Add half the yogurt and mix well. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, add the remaining yogurt and mix well. Transfer to a blender and blend to a fine smooth paste, adding water only if necessary.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add the Vijay Gold Akki Tari, salt and just a splash of water. Stir well to combine. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Set your steamer with water and allow it to come upto temperature. Grease your idli molds or line with cloth.
- After 20 minutes, the mixture will be quite thick. Add water a little at a time to make it a thick batter, like an idli batter.
- Fill your idli moulds with the batter, almost to the top as it will rise a little and steam for 17-20 minutes, a knife inserted into the idli will come out clean.
- Serve hot with ghee and chutney.
- The amount of water mentioned is only a guide, you may require more or less water.
- If you prepare the idli’s in batches, the batter may thicken once again, just add a splash of water to bring back the consistency that is needed.
South Indian Style Egg Curry