Bhune Besan Ka Murgh TikkaDecember 10, 2021
Bhune Besan Ka Murgh Tikka is a flavorful recipe where tender chicken pieces are marinated with hung curd, roasted Vijay Besan Flour and grilled to perfection.
- 300 gms boneless chicken pieces
- 4 tablespoon Vijay Besan Flour
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 2 tablespoon Kashmiri red chili powder
- 5 tablespoon mustard oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ¾ cup hung curd
- 1 bay leaf, 3 cloves and 2 cardamoms
- 1 black cardamom and 5-6 black peppercorns
- 1 star anise and ½ inch cinnamon stick
- 1.5 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp dry mango powder/aamchur powder
- 1.5 tsp kasuri meethi
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- Salt as per taste
- ½ cup Butter
- 5-6 tsp Oil
- 2 tablespoon chopped mint leaves
For First Marination
- In a mixing bowl, take 300 gms of boneless chicken pieces.
- Add the ginger garlic paste, little salt, half of the paste of Kashmiri red chili powder mixed with mustard oil & lemon juice. Mix everything well. Cover and marinate it for 40 minutes to 1 hour.
For Bhune Besan
- In a pan, add 3-4 tsp of butter and 3-4 tsp of oil.
- Once the butter and oil are hot, add the whole spices, like bay leaf, cardamoms, black cardamom, cloves, black peppercorn, star anise, cinnamon stick and saute it for 1-2 minutes.
- Lower the flame, add Vijay Besan Flour, little at a time, and mix it well. Do not add all the besan at one time, add it slowly and keep stirring it well on a low flame for about 3-4 minutes.
- Once the besan mixture starts to boil, switch off the flame. Allow it to cool down completely. Discard the whole spices and use it for the marination.
For Second Marination
- In a mixing bowl, add the hung curd, bhune besan ka mixture, mix it well, so that there are no lumps.
- Next add the remaining half of the paste of Kashmiri red chili powder with mustard oil.
- Add the dry spices like roasted cumin powder, red chili powder, black pepper powder, dry mango powder, garam masala powder, kasuri methi and salt. Give everything a nice mix.
- Add the marinated chicken pieces and nicely coat it well with the second marination. Mix everything well. Cover and marinate it for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, take some skewers, add the chicken pieces into the skewers.
For Chicken Tikka
- Heat a grill pan, in a bowl mix 2-3 tsp of butter with chopped mint leaves, brush it over a grill pan.
- Place the skewers over the grill pan, brush some more butter on the chicken pieces.
- Grill the chicken on a medium flame by turning them from all the sides for about 6-7 minutes or until the chicken pieces are cooked completely and it's ready to be served.
- Serve it hot with your favorite chutney and enjoy
- Mix Kashmiri Red Chili Powder with Mustard Oil and keep it for at least 6 hours before marinating for good colour.
- You can cook the chicken pieces in a normal pan or tawa or can even bake them.
South Indian Style Egg Curry