Ragi and Poha PancakesJuly 2, 2021
Natural Ragi & Poha pancakes are very healthy & delicious, making them the ideal breakfast for kids, adults. They’re high in fibre, protein that your body need.
- Start by soaking the Vijay Gold Thick Avalakki with about 150 ml water in a large bowl, it should be submerged completely. Set aside for about 30 minutes, the water will soak into the avalakki.
- Add the Vijay Gold Ragi Flour, Salt, Sugar and Baking soda, along with the remaining water and mashed banana to the poha.
- Whisk well to combine, add more water as required to form a thick dosa-like batter.
- Add a small amount of butter or ghee to a hot Tawa.
- Pour one ladle of batter into the center and spread it very slightly to form a round pancake.
- Cook on medium-low flame for about 3-5 minutes, flipping after the top looks dry and gets a few bubbles.
- Remove onto a plate and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve hot with fresh-cut fruit, maple syrup or honey.
- Thick avalakki makes it so that you can get a few pieces of poha throughout the pancake. If you do use medium or thin poha, it might mix well with the batter and become more homogenous.
South Indian Style Egg Curry