Steamed Ragi Burger BunsJanuary 6, 2022
Made with Vijay Gold Ragi Flour, steamed buns taste amazing when eaten as it is or paired with a preferred patty to eat as a scrumptious burger with Lettuce.
For Steamed Buns
- 1 cup Vijay Gold Ragi Flour
- ½ cup Whole Wheat Flour
- ½ cup All Purpose Flour
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1.5 teaspoon dry active yeast
- 1 teaspoon jaggery powder/castor sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoon oil
- 3-4 tablespoon warm water (for kneading)
- 2 teaspoon of milk
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoon butter
For Potato Patty
- 3 boiled potatoes
- ½ tsp chopped ginger
- ¼ cup chopped coriander leaves
- 2 chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 teaspoon dry roasted whole spices (1/2 tsp each of cumin seeds, coriander seeds, fennel seeds, black peppercorns)
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoon oil
- Salt as per taste
- Oil for shallow frying
- Burger mayonnaise
- Lettuce Leaves
- Sliced Onions
- French fries
- Sliced Cucumber
- Sliced Tomato
- Cheese Slice
For Steamed Ragi Buns
- In a mixing bowl, add warm water, sugar, mix and let the sugar dissolve in water
- 2. Add dry active yeast, mix it, cover, and rest it for 10 minutes. The yeast will rise, and you can see bubbles on it.
- In a large mixing bowl, add Vijay Gold Ragi Flour, Whole Wheat Flour & All Purpose Flour.
- Add jaggery powder, salt, mix everything well.
- Add the activated yeast mixture and mix everything very well.
- Add little warm water for kneading the dough and continuously knead it for 10 minutes.
- Apply little oil on the dough and again knead it for 2-3 minutes.
- 8. Apply some oil in a bowl, place the well kneaded dough in it, cover and rest it for minimum 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, you will observe that the dough has risen, lightly punch it.
- Knead it for another 2 minutes, roll it and cut into equal portions.
- Form round balls of all the portions.
- Grease a plate (in which you are going to steam the buns) with little oil.
- Place each of the round balls (buns), cover it with a cloth and keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, brush little milk over each of the buns, sprinkle some sesame seeds.
- Steam it for about 10-12 minutes on a medium flame and your Ragi Burger Buns are ready.
- Cut the Buns into half, toast it with some butter and its ready to be served.
For Potato Patty
- In a bowl, mash some boiled potatoes, add chopped ginger, coriander leaves.
- Add chopped green chilies, garam masala powder, dry roasted whole spice mix, salt, red chili powder, breadcrumbs & little oil, mix everything well.
- Form round tikkis of it and shallow fry them on a medium flame for about 6-7 minutes from all the sides.
For Assembling the Burger
- Apply mayonnaise on one part of the bun, place one lettuce, fried potato patty, some French fries, sliced onions, cucumber & tomato, one cheese slice, close it with other part of the bun and its done.
- Kneading the dough is very important, make sure to knead it well for 10-12 minutes.
- Cover and rest the burger dough for at least 2 hours.
South Indian Style Egg Curry