Akki Tari PayasaNovember 3, 2021
Simple and quick Broken Rice Pudded payasam is a simple dessert made with milk, sugar, dry fruits, and ghee that is ready faster than you can say ‘Akki Tari’!
- 70 gm / ½ cup Vijay Gold Akki Tari
- 500 ml / 2 cups Water
- 500 ml / 2 cups Fresh Milk
- 75 gm Sugar
- Assorted Dry Fruits, Mastercook Elaichi
- In a bowl, add your Vijay Gold Akki Tari and some water(not from recipe). Allow to stand for 10 minutes
- After 10 minutes, drain the water and add the akki tari to a pot along with 500 ml of water.
- Boil on a low flame till all the water is almost absorbed.
- At this stage, add the milk and stir well. Cook on a low flame until the milk begins to boil, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar and stir well. Keep stirring till the sugar dissolves.
- Cook for 5 minutes until thickened. Serve warm.
- The initial soaking of the akki tari is also to wash it, the amount of water in the recipe is to boil the akki tari later on.
- If you wish, you can boil the akki tari directly in milk itself, in this case, double the amount of milk and replace the water with 500 ml of milk in step 2
- If you are using dry fruits, roast them separately in a little amount of ghee and add it towards the end.
- If using Mastercook elaichi, add it when you add the sugar into the payasa.
South Indian Style Egg Curry