Rava Coconut Chocolate BurfiDecember 16, 2021
Rava Coconut Chocolate Burfi is a delicious and easy recipe of 2 in 1 burfi made with Vijay Bombay Sooji (semolina), ghee, dry coconut powder and cocoa powder.
- ¾ cup Vijay Gold Bombay Sooji
- 3 tablespoon ghee/clarified butter
- ½ cup desiccated coconut powder (dry coconut powder)
- 2 cup Milk
- ¾-1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cashew nuts powder
- 2 tsp almond powder
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- Chopped pistachio for garnishing
- Heat ghee in a pan, add Vijay Bombay Sooji, dry roast it on a medium flame for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add desiccated coconut powder and again mix it for 3-4 minutes. Keep it aside.
- In another pan, add 2 cups of milk and allow it to boil.
- Once it starts to boil, add the dry roasted Sooji & desiccated coconut powder, mix it on a medium high flame for about 2 minutes.
- Add sugar, cashew nuts & almond powder, mix it well.
- Add the cardamom powder and again give everything a nice mix for about 3-4 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and divide the mixture into half. Transfer the half mixture to a greased tray and spread it evenly.
- Switch on the flame and in the remaining half part of the mixture, add the cocoa powder mixed with 3-4 tsp of milk. Mix it well for about 3-4 minutes.
- Now transfer this Cocoa Sooji Mixture over the normal Sooji Mixture, spread it evenly with the help of a spatula.
- Garnish it with some chopped pistachio, press it gently with the spoon or spatula.
- Allow it to set for 20-30 minutes. Cut into desired shape and serve.
- While adding the cocoa powder into the remaining half of the mixture, mix the cocoa powder with 3-4 tsp of milk. You may add some 1-2 tsp of extra milk, if the mixture becomes too dry.
- Adjust the quantity of sugar as per your taste.
- Addition of cashew nut powder and almond powder is completely optional.
South Indian Style Egg Curry