Sweet Potato Masala RotiOctober 29, 2021
These soft roti, or stuffed flatbread, are made with the goodness of sweet potato and Chakki Atta! It’s a tasty way to incorporate sweet potatoes into your diet.
- 400 gm / 1 large sweet potato
- 250 gm / 1.5 cups Mastercook Chakki Atta
- 25 gm / 10-12 sprigs Coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 7 gm / 1 no Green chilli, finely chopped
- 2 gm / ½ tsp Ajwain / Carom seeds
- 5 gm / 1 tsp Salt, or to taste
- 1 gm / ½ tsp Turmeric
- 2 gm / ½ Mastercook Saunf / Fennel Seeds
- Pressure cook or boil the sweet potatoes until tender.
- Let cool for a few minutes and transfer to a bowl. Mash using a fork while still hot. Mash well until it is warm to the touch.
- Add the Mastercook chakki atta and knead to form a soft dough. When the dough is coming together, add the coriander leaves, green chilli, ajwain, saunf, turmeric and salt.
- Keep kneading without adding any water to form a soft dough.
- Rest for 10 minutes and portion into balls about 50 – 60 gm each.
- Roll into thin roti’s and cook on a tawa until golden and puffy.
- Brush with ghee and serve.
- Do not add any water to knead the dough. The sweet potato has enough moisture.
- The dough has to be kneaded when the sweet potato is warm, otherwise it will not knead properly.
- You can add other masala’s like red chilli or garam masala as well.
South Indian Style Egg Curry